TOMCAT

rodrigo ahumada rodahummont en yahoo.com.ar
Jue Nov 3 13:23:39 CLST 2005

El Jue 03 Nov 2005 16:51, Franco Catrin escribió:
> El jue, 03-11-2005 a las 06:42 -0800, Juan Rojas escribió:
[...]
> Windows usa otra secuencia de fin de linea (les gusta "innovar" a estos
> cabros).   Por lo tanto al pasar un archivo de texto de windows a linux

http://www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x1111.html

/* ttys were originally hardware devices, which (usually) strictly followed
the
* ASCII standard.  In ASCII, to move to a new line you need two characters, a
* carriage return and a line feed.  On Unix, the ASCII line feed is used for
both
* purposes - so we can't just use \n, because it wouldn't have a carriage
return
* and the next line will start at the column right after the line feed.
*
* BTW, this is why text files are different between Unix and MS Windows.  In
CP/M
* and its derivatives, like MS-DOS and MS Windows, the ASCII standard was
strictly
* adhered to, and therefore a newline requirs both a LF and a CR.
*/