RMS [Was: Re: Mi exabrupto ante la anti-ortografia [Was: Re: No podia Responder... Re: kernel linux version 0.1]]

Rodrigo Henriquez M - Corporacion Linux S.A. rodrigo en corporacionlinux.cl
Dom Ene 9 02:07:21 CLST 2005

El dom, 09-01-2005 a las 01:32 -0300, Pablo Cruz Navea escribió:
> > > No es "coligado" en lo absoluto.
> >
> > ¿que hubiera pasado si no existiera la licencia GPL?
>
> Linux habría sido cerrado y vendido como cualquier DOS (incluso creo
> que esa era la idea original de Linus).

Estas lejos de la idea inicial de Linus:

----
From: torvalds en klaava.Helsinki.FI (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?
Date: 25 Aug 91 20:57:08 GMT

Hello everybody out there using minix -

I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones.  This has been brewing
since april, and is starting to get ready.  I'd like any feedback on
things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it somewhat
(same physical layout of the file-system (due to practical reasons)
among other things).

I've currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and things seem to work.
This implies that I'll get something practical within a few months, and
I'd like to know what features most people would want.  Any suggestions
are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)

              Linus (torvalds en kruuna.helsinki.fi)

PS.  Yes - it's free of any minix code, and it has a multi-threaded fs.
It is NOT protable (uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably never
will support anything other than AT-harddisks, as that's all I have :-(.
-----

Y este:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.os.minix/msg/2194d253268b0a1b

Saludos.

--
Rodrigo Henriquez M.            http://www.corporacionlinux.cl
Corporacion Linux S.A.          Fonos: 02 2442988 - 02 2444250