cambiar a iso-8859-1 o mejor?

Germán Poó-Caamaño gpoo en ubiobio.cl
Mie Feb 13 01:20:01 CLST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 23:48 -0300, Miguel Oyarzo O. wrote:

> ======================
> Alguien escribio:
> >César: ¿Podrás ser un poquitin mas específico con tu info?
> no hay necesidad de tener utf-8 o charsets tan limitados como el actual.
>
> llevo anios leyendo caracteres extranios siendo que se podrian leer
> mensajes 100% castellano, tal como lo indica el nombre de la lista:
> "Discusion de Linux en Castellano"

Con el lector de correo que estas usando no me extraña que tengas
problemas ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudora_(e-mail_client) en la sección
Problems_when_using_UTF-8_character_set:

        Internet Mail Consortium (IMC) recommendation that all email
        programs must be able to display and create mail using UTF-8,
        Eudora has the dubious "distinction" of being the only major
        mail client left in the market that does not support it. Users
        of languages that are covered by ISO8859-1 may profit from the
        freeware plugin UTF8ISO, which decodes many UTF-8 characters to
        ISO8859-1 ones which can be handled by Eudora. Another solution
        for Windows users is using a freeware converter MIME-Proxy that
        converts between a chosen, locally used character set and the
        charset of the e-mail. This program has the advantage that it is
        not limited to ISO-8859-1 on the user’s end.

Saludos,

--
Germán Poó-Caamaño
Concepción - Chile