algun comandito para saber el ancho de banda de mi tarro :)

Christian González G. christiang020 en yahoo.es
Mar Nov 28 20:21:25 CLST 2006

El Lunes, 27 de Noviembre de 2006 6:34 PM, Alvaro Herrera escribió:
> Horst H. von Brand escribió:
> > "Antonio Sebastián Sallés M." wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > prueba con  bwm-ng o ifstat.
> >
> > Ambos --> "command not found"
>
> $ apt-cache search iftop
> iftop - displays bandwidth usage information on an network interface

Aquí en Fedora Core 6 (supongo que el profe usa Rawhide, pero la idea es la
misma):

[christian en localhost ~]$ yum info iftop
[...snip...]
Available Packages
Name   : iftop
Arch   : i386
Version: 0.17
Release: 3.fc6
Size   : 38 k
Repo   : extras
iftop does for network usage what top(1) does for CPU usage. It listens to
network traffic on a named interface and displays a table of current bandwidth
usage by pairs of hosts. Handy for answering the question "why is our ADSL
link
so slow?".

> $ apt-cache search bwm-ng
> bwm-ng - small and simple console-based bandwidth monitor

[christian en localhost ~]$ yum info bwm-ng
[...snip...]
Name   : bwm-ng
Arch   : i386
Version: 0.5
Release: 8.fc6
Size   : 33 k
Repo   : extras
A small and simple curses base bandwidth monitor. No big features.

> $ apt-cache search ifstat
> dstat - versatile resource statistics tool
> ifstat - InterFace STATistics Monitoring
> libifstat-dev - Ifstat Development Files

[christian en localhost ~]$ yum search ifstat
[...snip...]
dstat.noarch                             0.6.3-5.fc6            extras
Matched from:
Dstat is a versatile replacement for vmstat, iostat, netstat and ifstat.
Dstat overcomes some of their limitations and adds some extra features,
more counters and flexibility. Dstat is handy for monitoring systems
during performance tuning tests, benchmarks or troubleshooting.

Dstat allows you to view all of your system resources instantly, you
can eg. compare disk usage in combination with interrupts from your
IDE controller, or compare the network bandwidth numbers directly
with the disk throughput (in the same interval).

Dstat gives you detailed selective information in columns and clearly
indicates in what magnitude and unit the output is displayed. Less
confusion, less mistakes.

> Que tu distribucion sea incompleta no significa que todas lo sean ;-)

¡Güena la talla! ;-)
--
Christian González G.
http://chgonzalez.blogspot.com