Cierre de open relay en sendmail 8.11.0

Pablo Silva psilvao en yahoo.com
Mie Nov 10 19:34:14 CLST 2004

Marcos:

   El problema que detectamos es que se esta
permitiendo un relay de terceros, eso es al menos lo
que me indica el correo que nos llega de abuse.net

Connecting to trompo.tn.cl for registered user test

<<< 220 algundominio.cl ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6/8.11.0;
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:50:30 -0300
>>> HELO www.abuse.net
<<< 250 algundominio.cl Hello www.abuse.net
[208.31.42.77], pleased to meet you
Relay test 1
>>> RSET
<<< 250 2.0.0 Reset state
>>> MAIL FROM:<spamtest en abuse.net>
<<< 250 2.1.0 <spamtest en abuse.net>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT TO:<p.silva en algundominio.cl>
<<< 250 2.1.5 <p.silva en algundominio.cl>... Recipient
ok
>>> DATA
<<< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> (message body)
<<< 250 2.0.0 iAALoUF17429 Message accepted for
delivery

Relay test result
Hmmn, at first glance, host appeared to accept a
message for relay.

THIS MAY OR MAY NOT MEAN THAT IT'S AN OPEN RELAY.

Some systems appear to accept relay mail, but then
reject messages internally rather than delivering
them, but you cannot tell at this point whether the
message will be relayed or not.

If it is really an open relay, the test message will
be delivered to you. If you do not receive the test
message in your e-mail in the next few hours, it IS
NOT an open relay.

Además, en el correo hay un mensaje que señala:

This is a test of third-party mail relay, generated
via theNetwork Abuse Clearinghouse at
http://www.abuse.net.    Target host =
algunamaquina.algundominio.cl [x.y.z.w]    Test
performed by <p.silva en algundominio.cl> from x.y.z.w A
well-configured mail server should NOT relay
third-party email.Otherwise, the server is subject to
abuse by vandals and spammers,and probable
blacklisting by recipients of the unwanted
third-partye-mail.For information on how to secure a
mail server against third-partyrelay, visit <URL:
http://www.mail-abuse.org/tsi/>.

Cualquier indicacion bienvenida...

Saludos,
Pablo