consulta de red hat enterprise

Mauricio Nuñez mauricio en chile.com
Mar Jul 27 14:59:53 CLT 2004

El mar, 27-07-2004 a las 13:25, pablfiguer escribió:
> primero que todo saludo a todos los integrates de la lista.
>
> los que queria saber es donde se puede bajar el Red Hat Enterprise de manera
> gratuita estuve viendo la pagina oficial de red hat y lo venden en un precio
> bastante alto para adquirirlo. ¿que es lo que pasa que estan vendiendo a
> GNU/LINUX? grrrrrrrrr
>
> ojala este por ahy en algun ftp. si es asi me gustaria saberlo.
> thank for all.

http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/faq/

Q: You mentioned licensing – what does this mean? I thought Linux was
free.

        A: Except for a few components provided by third parties (for
        example, Java) all the code in Red Hat products is open source
        and licensed under the GPL (or a similar license, such as the
        LGPL). So you always have free access to the source code. In
        fact you can download the source code from our FTP servers at
        any time. However, Red Hat does not provide free access to the
        binaries of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and these, combined with
        an annual subscription to Red Hat Network, access to upgrades,
        and a selected support service, are the components that comprise
        Enterprise Linux subscription. Since every Enterprise Linux
        product includes support for the system on which it is
        installed, Red Hat supplies the products with a per-system
        usage/support agreement. This simple model ensures that systems
        which use Red Hat Enterprise Linux are able to access the
        maintenance, services and product upgrades to which they are
        entitled. Of course, as mentioned before, this has no impact on
        your access to the RHEL source code.

Saludos