miren este error del rav antivirus.

Jorge Severino jorge en netsecure.cl
Vie Nov 8 16:35:03 CLST 2002

Prueba con esto...

Cause
The problem occurs when larger files, big archives, problematic files are
scanned or syslogd is too busy. When a new mail is passed to ravmd for
scanning then ravmd will "fork" and it will create a new child process which
will handle the new mail till it will be delivered/rejected. When the new
ravmd child process is created the parent will assign a timeout value
(alarm) in which the scanning process must be finished. If the scanning
process will not be finished in the specified time then it will receive
SIG_ALARM signal from his parent, the scanning process will be stopped, the
current mail will be saved automatically in /var/spool/rav/quarantine/ and
RAV will send a notification mail to administrator (the address defined for
admin_addr in the group file(global)).

Resolution
When this problem occurs the timeout values must be increased in
/usr/local/rav8/etc/groups/global:
timeout_per_file=600
timeout_per_mega=600

Also, disabling content filtering for body could be very useful to increase
the scanning speed (comment the lines that begin with filter_content from
global file).

Then restart ravmd with killall -HUP ravmd.

Applicable for:

a.. All RAV products running on Linux platforms;
b.. All RAV products running on BSDs platforms;
c.. All RAV products running on Solaris platforms;-----Mensaje original-----

[Jorge Severino]
d..
e..
f..  De: owner-bsd en inf.utfsm.cl [mailto:owner-bsd en inf.utfsm.cl]En nombre de
Victor Pasten V