Parece que vamos a tener problemas con DAG

Pablo Silva psilvao en yahoo.com
Dom Feb 5 09:19:25 CLST 2006

Estimados:

    Conforme al correo enviado por dag, le robaron en
su departamento 3 Laptop, donde mantenia información
historica, quizas información relacionada con los
paquetes que mantiene en su repositorio de RPM.

    Les copio el correo, y desde ya se aceptan
donaciones para la compra de los equipos.

Saludos,
Pablo

----------------INICIO-------------------
I have to inform you of this sad tale that happened to
me on thursday
afternoon. While I was at work, my girlfriend
discovered that our
appartement was broken into.

The burglars took my laptop (Thinkpad T43), my
girlfriends laptop
(Thinkpad T30, my backup laptop) and a 3rd laptop
(Thinkpad T23) that
was
being prepared for a family-member as well as other
valuables. Since I
recently switched jobs, these laptops were recently
bought and
considered
an investement for the next 2 to 3 years.

Besides the financial loss, one of the laptops
contained most of my
professional 'historical' memory (like my photo
archive, instant
messaging
logs, and more personal and professional material that
is invaluable to
others).

Luckily they left alone my buildsystem (probably too
heavy and risky)
and
my CDs, DVDs and books alone (time consuming and
risky). So I can
recover
an old backup, but I lost almost 10 months of
important data, and 10
years
of less important, but personal information.

For this reason I changed my wishlist (and webpage)
slightly and added
Paypal donation button. It would be naive to hope my
gear will be
returned somehow (although I have been distributing
flyers around the
neighboorhood asap and been looking for serial numbers
and unique
characteristics so that my stuff can be identified in
case we have
witnesses in this or other burglary cases).

If people were planning to thank me by buying
something from my
wishlist,
this would be a good time. And please consider
donating via Paypal
instead
(or shopping/visiting my Google adsense sponsors).

	http://dag.wieers.com/personal/wishlist.php

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad news. I
personally hate to
bother
you about this, but I feel I have little choice :-(

By the way, if you have a 'cilinder' lock in your door
(not sure if
this
is what it is called in English, but I'll post some
pictures), think
twice
about changing it or secure the lock with additional
metal armor.
Because
those locks can be broken off in less than 10 seconds
with fairly
simple
equipment without disturbing the environment.

And do make regular backups and store them on offsite
locations (!),
even
when you feel safe or you think the effort it not
worth the trouble.

PS For those people that have me listed in skype,
please check your
logs
and monitor skype for my presence since thursday 2
februari 15:23,
that's
when I logged off. That's currently my only hope for
recovery.

--   dag wieers,  dag en wieers.com,
http://dag.wieers.com/   --
[all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and
unlimited power]