Instalacion de j2sdk-1_4_2_09-linux-i586-rpm.bin

Marco Escobar escobarm en terra.cl
Mar Oct 18 18:06:59 CLST 2005

bueno lo que dice java.com es esto

Follow these instructions:
     1. At the terminal: Type:
        su
     2. Enter the root password.
     3. Change to the directory in which you want to install. Type:
        cd
        For example, to install the software in the /usr/java/
        directory, Type:
        cd /usr/java

        Note about root access: To install the JRE in a system-wide
        location such as/usr/local, you must login as the root user to
        gain the necessary permissions. If you do not have root access,
        install the JRE in your home directory or a subdirectory for
        which you have write permissions.
     4. Change the permission of the file you downloaded to be
        executable. Type:
        chmod a+x jre-1_5_0-linux-i586-rpm.bin
     5. Start the installation process. Type:
        ./jre-1_5_0-linux-i586-rpm.bin

        This displays a binary license agreement. Read through the
        agreement. Press the spacebar to display the next page. At the
        end, enter yes to proceed with the installation.

               type YES to agree to the license agreement
     1. The installation file creates jre-1_5_0-linux-i586.rpm file in
        the current directory.

                        RPM unpacking completes
     1. Run the RPM command at the terminal to install the packages.
        Type:
        rpm -iv jre-1_5_0-linux-i586.rpm
     2. The JRE is installed in jre1.5.(version number) sub-directory
        under the current directory. In this case, the JRE is installed
        in the /usr/java/jre1.5.0 directory. Verify that the jre1.5.0
        sub-directory is listed under the current directory. Type:
        ls

                    Verify the installation filename

y seria no creo que tenga mas inconvenientes

xD